Pages

Saturday, February 5, 2011

Review: Betty Crocker Whole Wheat Chocolate Chip Cookie recipe

http://www.bettycrocker.com/recipes/whole-wheat-chocolate-chip-cookies/391acf6b-df6c-49d3-894b-4ac705dc9cb2


Three words: lack of consideration

I am trying to better my health by switching to Omega-3 enriched eggs, more whole wheat flour and less white, etc. I tried out this recipe in the hopes it was equal to or better than the original Toll House Chocolate Chip Cookie recipe I normally use. Unfortunately, it was not. The recipe warns the reader that the batter will be stiff but I found that the batter was more dry than stiff. Having to make piles of dry mixture and carefully placing chocolate chips on top in the hopes the oven will make it into a delicious cookie does not make a good batter.
The only good part was that the cookies themselves tasted okay, if not a little dry. The recipe was easy to follow and ingredients were easy to come by. I always use semi-sweet chips in my cookies. I find that milk chocolate is too sweet and the bitterness of the semi-sweet makes for a better cookie.

No comments:

Post a Comment